rachelruetz

rachelruetz

Gender Archaeology
Marie Louise Stig Sorensen, Marie Louise Stig Srensen, Marie Louise Stig Sa Rensen
This haunted isle: The ghosts and legends of Britain's historic buildings
Peter Underwood

The Flight of the Phoenix

The Flight of the Phoenix - R.L. LaFevers, Kelly Murphy I fell in love with R.L. LaFever's Theodosia books, and was excited to hear that she was coming out with another series featuring mythological creatures!
While Nathaniel Fludd wasn't as long as the Theodosia books *sad face* I definitely apprecited the care she puts into crafting her characters so that each one will have one defining feature that you will remember about them, even if it's just that they resemble a walrus *smirk*.
I enjoyed that LaFevers resurrected the history of the gremlins, which, contrary to popular belief, goes wayyyy back to before the 1980's movie. I thought her development of Nathaniel as a character was commendable, in that he defies authority at times; albeit in small ways. I liked seeing his evolution, from a helpless boy to a smart and ingenious young man.
The ending left me with a lot of questions-I'll be interested to see where Nathaniel's adventures take him next!